Gynaecology: Start Here
Have you found a Gynaecologist you feel comfortable with and one that you can trust? Here are some pointers:
- Research healthcare providers.
- Ask friends and family members about their experiences.
- Ask your primary care physician or GP.
- Check online reviews or healthcare provider directories.
Dr. Roberta Corona, Medical Director of BioConnect Medical Centre is an Obstetrician Gynaecologist.
She is also a world-renowned Fertility Specialist and the first Certified Menopause Practitioner in Barbados.
The lens through which she looks at your gynaecological care is wide taking into consideration where patients are in their life.
Our youngest patient is currently 12 years old and our oldest is 93!
Get Empowered With
- Schedule a consultation to discuss your healthcare needs and ask any questions you may have. The most important thing you can do during this consultation is learn about the provider’s approach to care and their experience.
- Be prepared to discuss your medical history and any concerns you may have about your reproductive health. This can include questions about birth control, menstrual irregularities, sexually transmitted infections or even any other gynaecological issues you may be experiencing. Don’t be shy.
- Get regular screening so that your provider may recommend Pap tests or mammograms to help detect any potential health issues early.
- Follow-up as needed. Depending on the results of your screenings or exams your provider may recommend follow-up appointments or additional testing. It’s important to follow through with these recommendations to ensure your continued reproductive health.
- Blood drawing for most/all blood tests
- Pap Smears and CO-PA /HPV Smear Test
- Breast Exams
- Bone Density Scanning
- Contraception Guidance and Medication
- Colposcopy Treatment
- Cancer Screening
- Medication for Osteoporosis
- Hormone Optimization Medication (HRT) in various forms such as patch, pill, gel, spray and pellets
- Pelvic Ultrasound
- Minimally invasive surgery such as hysteroscopy and endometrial ablation
- Vaginal Pessaries
- Vaginal Atrophy Laser Therapy (Mona Lisa Touch)